I'm ready to begin the raffle and I have been so grateful for the outpouring of support from all of you. Check out the amazing prizes that have been so generously donated so far in support of Summer Search:
- A signed copy of Wendy Knits Lace, donated by Wendy Johnson
- A selection of patterns from StephCat, donated by (of course!) Stephannie Tallent (her Ravelry pattern page is here)
- A knitter's goodie package full of handdyed yarn and patterns, donated by Black Bunny Fibers
- Lovely-to-spin shetland/mohair/silk roving, donated by Puff the Magic Rabbit
- A spinner's goodie package full or handdyed roving, donated by Black Bunny Fibers
- A copy of Hunter Hammersen's upcoming book full of beautiful patterns, The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet, in either PDF or printed form (expected publication date spring 2012)
- An advance signed copy of my new book, which will be published this fall (target date October 2) by Lark Crafts -- I will give you one of my author copies as soon as I get them and sign it for you.
- An accessory handknit by Somebunny's Love
- A selection of 5 PDF patterns from Sailingknitter/Liann Originals (link to her Ravelry pattern page is here)
- A selection of PDF patterns from the Lady Wyvern (link to her Ravelry pattern page is )
- Goodies from Ancient Arts Fibre Crafts....
- A gift certificate to WEBS, generously donated by Caitcreates
- Three skeins of gorgeous Brooklyn Tweed Loft yarn in the winner's choice of color and the Sakura shawl pattern donated by Loop Yarn in Philadelphia
- A wonderful Delicious Hors d'Oeuvres Wrap kit, designed by Lorna Miser and donated by Universal Yarn (features six lovely Fibra Natura yarns! and pattern with skill-building techniques)
- A prize to be announced, donated by designer Chrissy Gardiner of Gardiner Yarn Works
- A prize to be announced from KnitCircus magazine
- A signed copy of Knitting Knee-Highs, by Barb Brown
To try to maximize participation, there are 3 ways you can donate money. The best is to go directly to the Summer Search Philadelphia website right here and use a credit card to donate directly. When you receive your email confirmation, forward it to me at summersearchATblackbunnyfibersDOTCAHM and I will create your tickets and put them in a Safe Place until the drawing.
If you would prefer to send me a check or even cash (although I cannot be responsible for anything getting lost in the mail), email me at summersearchATblackbunnyfibersDOTCAHM and I will provide you with my mailing address. I will give the money to Summer Search Philadelphia and put your tickets in the raffle.
If you are a Paypal person, please shoot me an email at summersearchATblackbunnyfibersDOTCAHM and I will provide you with the email address associated with my paypal account. Once again, I will give that money to Summer Search Philadelphia and put your ticket(s) in the raffle.
I will check the special email addy several times a day so I can respond quickly but if takes a couple of hours, please be patient!
If you can't donate but would like to help, please don't overlook the best, most important thing you can do: SPREAD THE WORD. Link to this blog post on whatever social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) you use, tell your blog-readers about the raffle, post the link in appropriate Ravelry groups, tell your knitting, crocheting and spinning friends, and so on.
The raffle is open as of the time you read this post, and to be eligible for a prize, donations must be received by midnight, EST, February 29th, 2012.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart (and the bottom of crusty old Mr. Go-Knit-In-Your-Hat's heart) for your help with this!
Let's get the thermometer going up, shall we? I've set a goal of a thousand bucks. Can we hit that? Might we even top that?