Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Back......

Our week in Cape May is, alas, over. We had a terrific time, including some amazingly good weather (also some amazingly hot weather). Right now, I'm getting ready for a trunk show in my hometown:  I'll have all sorts of handdyed yarns and fibers this coming Saturday, August 4, from 12 to 4 pm, at the lovely Gosh Yarn It, in Kingston, PA. I'll also have my single preview copy of my new book, so if you promise that your hands are clean, you can get a sneak peek! I've been busily dyeing (I was very low on inventory and had to get back on track) and you can see all sorts of goodies, like these:




and a whole bunch of others I haven't photographed yet!

In the meantime, here are some photos I took while wandering around Cape May with my camera. It may not surprise you to hear that Victorian Cape May is considered a national historic landmark given its fine collection of Victorian architecture....



I love seeing all the details that go into making the houses so special, like a pane of glass or gingerbread trim:





IMG_9812 copy




IMG_9825 copy



IMG_9806 copy


IMG_9830a

IMG_9829 copy


IMG_9818 copy

Enjoy these hazy days of summer!  And hey, do me a favor?  Will you click on this link,to help me possibly win some buckeroos at Stitches Midwest?  (Still some spots in some of my classes open......)

2 comments:

Gina said...

Oh, I love the gingerbread houses. Although San Francisco is also famous for its Victorians, they pop up all over the place, and I can't resist the little gems. Vacations may be way too short, but the memories live on!

Jenn said...

It looks like a wonderful time. I was down the shore last week and enjoyed the weather too. I love the frog on the porch!