Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fiber-y update

Today I'm doing a Black Bunny Fibers update, including several lovely skeins of merino/silk fingering weight:



some of the Canadian 10% silk, 50% alpaca, 30% mohair and 10% merino sock yarn





and a couple of batches of roving (2 Finn, 1 Wensleydale and something else I can't remember right now). Update is at 1 p.m. here.

I am nearly finished with a special gift for the dad of a dear friend of mine, who was recently diagnosed with cancer.



(The little white part by the logo is the backing of the emblem; I haven't sewn it on yet.)

As you might have guessed, he's a huge Notre Dame fan.

Now I'm back to the dyepots. I'm hoping to get some merino/tencel done today, and some merino/bamboo sock yarn later in the week, for the next update.

2 comments:

mindy said...

Those socks will be a fantastic gift. They look great.

Ooohhhh merino silk. See ya at the update.

Carol said...

Lovely socks! A kind and thoughtful gift.

The yarn is soooo tempting but I'm trying to desist until I knit some of my stash. Let's see how long that lasts...