Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Am-nimals, a pattern and a book review

Okay,where're all the sheep? We-e-ell,



No, no, we don't want to go there. So let's look at sheep and goats and buns -- NOT on a bun.


Oh, hai.



Fluffeh bunneh



One of Kid Hollow's goats (I bet Mindy knows his name)



Got hay?


I didn't get any photos of the babies but this vendor had the most teeny, tiny, adorable baby bunnies. I really, really wanted to bring one home.



Alpaca

Now that you've gotten your fix of the fiber-givers, you can click on over to Knotions. The summer issue just went live, and you can help yourself to a free pattern by me, called "Sunny, Sunny, Sunny," modeled by the (occasionally) charming G.





The bodice is knitted, and the skirt is a simple fabric panel, gathered and sewn on (why, yes, that is a Kaffe Fassett fabric, from the glorious Liza's fabric-topia). The yarn is Nashua Handknits Creative Focus Cotton DK, which was a pleasure to work with, with excellent stitch definition.

You will also find a book review of Marianne Isager's Japanese Inspired Knits which is a great new book by the Danish superstar designer. I believe that Loop is the only Philly-area shop carrying the Isager yarns, and they are indeed spectacular.

10 comments:

Thea said...

the dress (and the girl!) are adorable. The whole Knotions issue ahd great designs in it, and I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of these dresses before long! Glad you had fun at the fair.

Anne said...

Your daughter is adorable, and so is that dress! I'm sure you get this all the time - she looks just like you.

Rooie said...

I stopped at the Kid hollow booth, with your sock book in my hot little hand, hoping for an autograph (and mostly, to say "Hi! Thanks for your blog and your books.") but you weren't there at the moment. I had a nice chat with Mindy (?) and thought about having her autograph her Goldengrove pattern but by the time that occurred to me she was busy with a customer. Dang it.

Anonymous said...

You have clearly done the impossible - pleased a young girl with what you knit! Great pattern!

anne marie in philly said...

miss thang looks very pretty!

Bridget said...

It's a lovely dress, but made even more so by your model. (Probably helped that it was pink, no?)

Anonymous said...

Little Miss is so squeezably adorable. Love the twirly-skirt picture- great pattern. I see it in the future for my nieces.

The little black goatie was called Crazy Girl by me (she was a wild little thing). The lady who bought her named her Poppy. The white doe was sold too, I believe- and noone had named her yet.

I remember Rooie- she was there between your visits and was very sweet. Though I think if she had asked me to sign the book, I may have fainted...

Oh, that Jersey Woolly...

Anonymous said...

Great book review, Carol! Really thorough. I'm still on the fence and will have to leaf through it, but you reminded of the stuff I need to look out for.
:) Allison

noelle b. said...

mmmmmmm kid hollowwww... i have some of their delectable fiber stashed for a crappy occasion... because when is it a better time to knit with fabulous yarn??

...i ate at that stand last year. i feel no shame. NONE!! XD

turtlegirl76 said...

Hey hey! Didja see? I'm in Knotions too! Though all I did was model Deb Barnhill's Tesla pattern. And take the pics. But hey, we're published together! =P