Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Father-son bonding...

Today I waved good-bye to Elvis and his dad, who were headed to the Poconos along with 300 other fifth-graders and their parents, for the annual 5th grade camping trip. Three elementary schools feed into one middle school (ack -- Elvis will be in middle school in the fall!) and to get the kids from different elementary schools to meet each other, they take them all up to a camp in the woods, mix them up into groups, and let them do things like canoe and hike together. Being of the view that if it's not as nice as my own bed, I don't want to stay there, I was happy to let Tom take this chaperoning job. (I didn't even have to play the Lyme disease card, but having finally been symptom-free for the better part of a year, I'm taking no chances.)

In the meantime, I've had one reader ask which pattern I used for the Crazy Goat Lady bag. It is the Amy Butler Frenchy Bag pattern.

In other news, Mindy is going to be doing the AIDS walk in Boston in a few weekends. She's looking for donors, and if you're interested in donating (even a few dollars can help), the link to her pledge page is here. That photograph of Eric and his partner is so beautiful, it brings tears to my eyes to think that they are no longer with us. Mindy has already said in her blog everything that needs to be said about why it's important to continue the fight against AIDS. I'm off to donate, and if any of you can spare a buck or two, I'd consider it a personal favor.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Oh wow - a camping trip with a bunch of fifth-graders ...

Makes me glad I have cats (who are home-schooled)!