Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Franklinapalooza 2010!!!

Yes, the Very Special Guest who will be visiting us in Philadelphia in November is the inimitable Franklin Habit. Author (of It Itches: A Stash of Knitting Cartoons), cartoonist, designer, raconteur and all-around bon vivant, Franklin Habit, will be joining me for a very special weekend at Loop in Philadelphia.





There will be classes:
  • I'll be teaching "Yarn Substitution Made Simple" on Sunday, Nov. 14 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
  • Franklin will be teaching "Introduction to the History, Methods and Styles of Laceknitting" on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
  • Franklin will be teaching "Lace Edgings" on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
  • and Franklin will be teaching "Photographing Your Fiber" on Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m.
All of the specifics are on Loop's blog here.

Franklin and I will be at the shop Saturday afternoon and please feel free to bring your books for us to sign or you can purchase copies at Loop. There will be oodles of BBF yarn and patterns and sample garments, too. So please stop by and hang out with us!

Rumors that Dolores will be on-hand to jump out of a cake made by the Cake Boss are, as yet, unconfirmed.

4 comments:

Barb b. said...

Bon Vivant. I like that. As usual, wish I could be there. sigh. Have a blast! (my word verification is Flizzbat... I wonder if that is referring to Franklin??)

anne marie in philly said...

you forget excellent photographer, wonderful friend, handsome gentleman!

lock up the liquor cabinet if dolores is coming along; and have a soft blankie for harry to cuddle in ready.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

I swear to goodness, this is enough for me to want to buy a plane ticket and take myself on a pre-holiday romp.

Suzanne said...

WOW! That is almost too much fun to handle. Wish I wasn't so very far away. Tell Franklin "hey" from all his friends in Montana.