Sunday, March 04, 2012

Summer Search Raffle Winners!

It's hard for me to express how moved I am by the support of the Go Knit In Your Hat community.  You helped raise a whopping total of $1155 for Philadelphia's Summer Search nonprofit.


Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You are helping some deserving teenagers stay in high school and go on to college, and your gift will have a lasting impact on their lives. I heard from Summer Search and they are beyond thrilled.  In fact, my contact there sent me an email that said simply  "Knitters rock!"

While Nana was here to see Little Miss's thespian premiere as a fork in Beauty & the Beast



I put her to work drawing names for the prize winners.


(See how seriously she took her responsibilities? There was no "monkey business," as she would say.)

So without further ado, here are the prize winners:

1.  Signed copy of Wendy Knits Lace:  Jill W.
2.  StephCat pattern selection: Barbara H.
3.  BBF yarn package:  Terry D.
4.  Puff the Magic Rabbit roving:  Janet L.
5.  BBF spinner's package: Barbara H.
6.  Hunter Hammersen's upcoming book:  Kathy K.
7.  A signed advance copy of my new book:  Shaz
8. Knitted accessory by Somebunnyslove:  Terry D.
9. Patterns by Leana:  Kelly J.
10.  Patterns from Lady Wyvern:  Julie Sch.
11. Ancient Arts goodies:  Molly T.B.
12.  Webs gift cert:  Sharon F.
13. Loop yarn and pattern: Laurel W.
14. Universal kit:  Molly T.B.
15.  Gardiner Yarnworks Patterns:  Bonnie B-G
16.  Knit Circus gift:  Allison K.
17.  Barb Brown's Knitting KneeHighs book:  Bonnie B-G
18.  Fine Line book:  Jennifer L.

Prize winners:  I am going to contact you within the next day to confirm your shipping info. The prizes will be coming directly from the donators, so it make take a little bit of time for us to get everything coordinated. Prize donors: as soon as I have shipping info, I will email you.  

Congrats to all of the prize winners!  To those who did not win a prize, you still are winners in my book since you helped a very worthy nonprofit keep doing its good work. And to all of the wonderful folks who donated prizes, thank YOU so much for making this happen.

Again, it's hard for me to verbalize how much your warmth and support mean to me. I know times are tough for many of you, and I greatly appreciate every penny of every contribution.

1 comment:

Sharon F. said...

Cute forks. Thanks Nana! And thanks, Carol, for the opportunity.