Thursday, May 25, 2006

Smells like teen spirit

He's starting to get awfully big and gangly. His room is a mess: toys and bedding strewn all over. He eats constantly but never seems to put on weight. His attitude, quite frankly, is getting more than a little surly. When you hug him, you can almost hear him think, "Leave me alone, already!" And his, erm, odor is starting to get downright pungent.

It's official: he's turning into a teenager before our very eyes.

What's that?

Oh, no, not James! I was talking about Charcoal. Or "A.J. Soprano Bunny," as Tom has taken to calling him.

Fortunately, there is an easy remedy for teenage bunny hormonal overload. In about a week and a half, Charcoal will be making a trip to the vet for a little snip and tuck. I highly recommend that Tony and Carmela do the same.


Farklempt: (Yiddish) choked up; emotionally overwhelmed

The other day, I was farklempt when I received this in the mail:



It's a set of handmade stitch markers that read "Black Bunny Fibers." It came in a lovely envelope with an even lovelier card from the AmpuTeeHee. I have always been secretly envious when bloggers like Joe talk about the cool things their readers send them. I am envious no more! Instead, I am grateful and farklempt.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh, luckily I realized it was your bunny. If it was a human son, I'd recomend what my mom did for me: she left me a deodorant stick in my lunch bag. Given your remdey, I'll stick to the Speed Stick, thanks. lol

Anonymous said...

love the stitch markers--if it is any consolation, i dreamt i met you (and marilyn and joe and the others--who recently went to nyc for a day of shopping). in the dream i told you i just bought your raseberry yarn--which i received today! you were nice and smiled....then i woke up--gee? do you think i am pathetic?

Anonymous said...

Galumpka, you have arrived.
Gifts from readers!
I have no doubt your accumulation will surpass QJoe's.
Perhaps not Franklin's, but then you're a blonde, so who knows.

When you have your first stalker, I'll know you've become a REVERED blogger.
Mwah. And lerve.

Unknown said...

What a great thing...should I dye my hair blonde? Can Black Bunny Fibers help me with that?

Gawd...Kathy doesn't even like me second best...Franklin first, Carol second...gawd only knows where I fall on that list.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Jos, mon brave, mon beau galant, mon petit panais...
You know you are my first most favorite blogger.
I just say sweet things to the others...in case they want to send me stuff.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, teenage bunnyhood... the only advice I could offer is exactly what you're doing. Be strong.
LOVE the stitch markers- lucky girl.
The lace weight is knitting wonderfully- its just the freaking pattern adjusting that's the headache! But that dye-job is going to make it beauteous.

Unknown said...

For a second there I thought you were talking about my son.