Monday, August 24, 2009

Need to stash-bust: Iraqi Bundles of Love

If you happen to be a knitter or seamstress or quilter with extra stuff in the stash, please check out this blog. It's a great way to divest yourself of some yarn or fabric or half-used-up spools of thread in a color you'll never use again. It's also a nice way to put a human face on the American soldiers who are still in Iraq, trying to help out the regular citizens there, who've suffered so much. I'm getting together all my leftover Halloween costume scrap fabrics and doing a fabric bundle, and I'm also going to send a yarn bundle, maybe two. If you send a package, leave a quickie comment to that effect; I'm curious to see how many bundles we can generate.

UPDATE: Check out this generous and wonderful offer from Sew, Mama, Sew, a great fabric shop: for $15, they will put together and ship a bundle containing
  • 5 yards of new fabric
  • 16 sewing needles in a case
  • 32 pearlized pins on a wheel
  • 1 tomato pincushion
  • 1 pair folding scissors
  • 1 150-yd spool white thread
and send it to IBOL. Excellent!

12 comments:

Michele said...

I have already sent two bundles of fabric and sewing supplies and am putting together a yarn bundle to go this week.

Michele

Abigail said...

What a lovely idea! I've been trying to figure out what best to do with some stash that needs a new home.

Mary Lou said...

Thanks for the link to Sew Mama Sew. I recently gave away lots of stash and fabric, so her offer is perfect. Plus it will be sent, which with me doing it is more of a question mark.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this!

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful! I'm putting a bundle together, maybe 2.

Karen W. said...

Thanks, Carol, I will be sending a couple of bundles!

Pam said...

What a wonderful way to stash-bust. I sent some 100% CT worsted wool. Thanks for the info. Go BLue!

Anonymous said...

Found IBOL through your site, so thanks for posting about it. Sent 3 bundles from sew mama sew; am packing up others this weekend. Thanks again!

Minh said...

Thanks for letting us know about this! I got a bundle through Sew Mama Sew and will send a yarn bundle from my stash :)

Elizabeth D said...

Carol, I have so much too much -- this is just great!

Elizabeth D (yeah, that green yarn is still calling me. . .)

Donna in VA said...

This is going to be my Saturday project.

Anonymous said...

2 in the mail--thank you Carol!

I was the "anonymous" above.

obscure