1. Flying is much less scary if you take an Atavan first and if you have Kathy Merrick and Laura Grutzeck with you. Likewise, having Kathy Merrick with you is much less scary if you take an Atavan first. (KIDDING!!!!! I love Kathy and she knows it.)
2. Clara Parkes can curse like a sailor in perfectly-accented French.
3. I learned that it is possible to go through airport security with an inflatable man in your bag without raising an eyelash. However, Laura learned if you are rooming with someone who carelessly leaves their deflated inflatable man on the floor and you trip over him in the middle of the night on your way to the bathroom, all hell breaks loose.
4. Kristen Rengren really knows how to grab one's ass.
5. It doesn't seem quite fair that Amy Butler is not only exceptionally talented, but also tall, thin, blonde and gorgeous. And really, really, really nice.
6. Kathy and Steve Elkins are even more adorable in person than they are on their podcast.
7. Jillian Moreno can wield an olive baguette like nobody else.
8. Having a full-body scan at the airport did not make me feel violated at all. This may have been because I was traveling with an inflatable man in my bag and was distracted thinking about being pulled out of the line for a suitcase search ("Officer, it is an inflatable man." "Doesn't everybody travel with an inflatable friend?" "But it wasn't on the TSA list of prohibited items!" "Tom, can you please come to the Super-Max Prison and bail me out?").
9. Grace Anna Farrow has an extremely exciting new project in the works...
10. We have many reasons to envy our Canadian friends, including universal health care AND Kindereggs.
11. Rhichard hugs on both sides so that your hugging experience is orthopedically balanced. And the Koigu yarns are more gorgeous than ever, if that is possible. Swoon....
12. Trisha Malcolm remains a minx. She has the habit of buying me glasses of wine, then pouring them down my throat without mercy, no matter how hard I protest. I love her dearly.
(On a related note, I'd like to apologize to the nice lady from Jimmy Bean's Wool for tipsily and probably incoherently babbling about how great their website is. Heck, consider this a blanket apology to anyone in the Hyatt atrium Friday night who had me drunkenly babbling at them, including Deb Stoller:
13. The sweet potato fries at the Tip Top are quite excellent.
14. Certain people who ruthlessly canceled at the last minute were deeply missed.
15. Every time I think I could not possibly love Ve-ve more, I do.