Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More impressions from Maryland Sheep & Wool

It's a Go-Knit-In-Your-Hat tradition to collect snapshots from Maryland Sheep & Wool and to present them in a kind of montage. So here are some photos from this year's festival.



I love the ice cream cone on top of one of the vendor stands in the midway. What could be better than a giant fake cone beckoning you to eat ice cream?




Mid-chew



One barn was set up with a "Parade of Breeds," over 30 breeds of sheep in one place









Can't have a sheep show without a shearing demonstration




Jersey Wooly bunneh babies -- so cute you could die




Spinning demonstration


Several vendors had wonderful baskets like these



Wool for applique



Antique wheels & other spinning equipment at this booth



Love the "Hooked on Ewe" rugs



From the winner's tent, this was a life-sized sheep



Tiny sweater from the winner's tent





Lots of cool weaving projects were on display



Some gorgeous examples of stranded knitting





I love the woman d'un certain age who was rocking this skirt



See you next year!

2 comments:

Sharripie said...

It's been years since I've been to a woolly festival. The last time I went, I bought 2000 (yep, you read that right) yards of mohair boucle. Three years later, and it's still in my stash, waiting to become something. Those damned farmers see me coming.

Glad you had a good time.

anne marie in philly said...

OMG, that stranded vest is to DIE for!

and now I want ice cream, specifically kohr brothers soft custard. damn you! (wink wink)