Wednesday, November 18, 2009

BBF Studio Sale: A sneak peek

Sorry I've been so quiet lately -- it's been dye, dye, dye and wind, wind, wind.


That is some of the stuff I've got (including two sad club shipments in the Priority Mail envelopes that were never paid for by their members, sniffle. Any club shipments not paid for by Sunday will get sold....)

A few days ago, Mindy emailed me to ask "So exactly what will you have at this Black Bunny sale?" Good question from Mindy, who in her clever way is arriving Saturday to get first dibs on the yarn help with the sale.

At the Open House/Sale, you will find the following:
  • anything and everything that is currently in stock on the BBF website. I'm going to take the shop offline for the duration of the sale, which will give you a chance to look at and fondle and purchase my regular base yarns, like Bump, Candy Stripe, Superwash Merino Classic, and Flutter, and whatever is left of the BFLapalooza.
  • discontinued base yarns. I had a couple of skeins of a lovely, pure silk DK weight yarn that I used for a Yarn Club shipment last year. Unfortunately, the yarn is discontinued, so I dyed 'em up and priced 'em to move. I've also got some softly-spun sportweight wool/mohair, some Falkland worsted weight wool in 200-yd skeins (at least 4 in each colorway), some supersoft mohair loup boucle...
  • trial yarns and sample yarns. For example, last year, my regular sock yarn was backordered for a long time, and I tried a different base yarn to see if I'd like it. It's a lovely yarn -- 100% merino, extremely soft, springy -- but I really only need one superwash merino sock base, so I've dyed up all that's left. To make it extra fun, I did a whole bunch of 100-yard skeins (I have close to fifty of them) in different semisolid colors; you can pick up a bunch to do stripes, contrasting heels and toes, or stranded knitting (mittens or a hat, if you're not up for stranded socks). I also did a bunch in 200-yd. skeins so that you can get two and do stripes. Lastly, I did some regular 400-yd skeins in semisolids, then dyed special, matching multicolored skeins of 100 yds so you can do contrasting heels and toes. Again, since this isn't a base I'm carrying regularly, you'll find some excellent prices! I've got some bamboo tape that I tried out in batches perfect for quick-knitting spring scarves, some alternate wool/nylon base yarn (again, perfectly nice, purchased when I was trying out different base yarns)...
  • Odd batches from the yarn closet. If you're adventurous, you'll keep an eye out for these -- single skeins I've purchased or been given to try out the base, skeins I bought at fiber festivals where I thought a yarn or fiber seemed like a great bargain, leftover skeins or fibers from one of my clubs. I've got some Salt Spring wool roving, some soy silk/bamboo roving, a few skeins of organic merino DK, some lovely fingering-weight softly-twisted wool (great for lace)...
  • The return of Jingle Bells sock yarn! I've dyed up some more batches of the red and green on cream sock yarn that was so popular last year in my Superwash Merino Classic base. Get 'em while they last!
I'll have door prizes to give away, too, and some snacks and beverages (including wine). Right now, the weather forecast does not include rain, which means you can hang out on the patio and knit or mingle. I hope to see some of you there! If I don't sell some of this inventory, Mr. Go-Knit-In-Your-Hat is going to be awfully cranky with me. . .

9 comments:

Roxanne said...

I'm so jealous that I can't come to your sale. I know it's going to be an enormous success.

Anonymous said...

I am soooo ready to get on that train! (actually, I'm not- am nowhere near even thinking of packing yet, but you know what I mean...)

Bridget said...

If I can figure out a way to get there, I'll be there (I think)!

Carol said...

So bummed that I can't make it!!! As we have the same taste, I probably would have been elbowing Mindy for yarns - it will be peaceful without me!

anne marie in philly said...

remember, I am bringing wine, so we can all get tipsy and try to knit at the same time!

looking forward to it!

will charcoal stop by to say hello to his many fans?

Rooie said...

I would so love to be there. And I'd be thrilled to pay for one of those club shipments, sight unseen! It would be such a fun surprise package to get in the mail! I love your yarn.

FiberQat said...

I'll have to take consolation in the lovely Hailstorm Border fiber you did. While the locks garnered the epithet "Smurf Dreads" the singles are getting lots of ooohs and aaahs. Very pretty.

My verification word is "flumb" like I flumb a bunch of yarn in the fiber room when I did a cleaning of the house.

Barb B. said...

I read your post at first as "dye dye" yup, colouring yarn.

"wind, wind" as in the wind, it blows shoosh like that.

And I was feeling sorry for you being caught in a minor hurricane.

Thea said...

I so wish I lived a city or two closer.... have fun!