Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm proud

First of all, I'm proud of my husband, who got all he-man

to cut down the Christmas tree (living room version) himself. He of course had help on this gorgeous day from the kids

who helped pick just the right one.



Isn't life grand when you are able to look cute for the camera in your new pink corduroys while your dad and brothers do all the work?



While the tree was being taken off the car roof and put in the stand, I took the opportunity to examine the new Interweave Knits. Which caused me to swell with another burst of pride at the essay in the back, wonderfully written by Ms. Bridget Arthur Clancy herself. Well done, missy.

Now that the BBF Open House is over (but the on-line shop still has some clearance items -- and through December 1st, free shipping for orders over $25 with the code "THANKS"), I am knitting like the wind on a sample sweater for one of the spring magazines. But I have a bunch of books I'm planning to review, along with my usual end-of-the-year retrospectives and a few "best-of-2009" lists. So I'll try not to neglect the blog for the next few weeks. . .

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

You tagged "he-man with saws" Hilarious! What a great tree. I can't wait to see your "Best of" lists.

Bridget said...

Thanks for your kind words. I am honored to be in a post with Tom ... who I must admit is quite impressive, what with the tree cutting and all. And here I just thought he was all niceness and good looks!

Anonymous said...

Yup, Little Miss has this whole thing figured out.
So when does tree #2 come?
Yay Bridget!