Monday, June 06, 2011

Rites of spring

I often post whinging humorous stories about my daughter, and when I meet blog-readers in real life, the most frequent comment that I hear is "I love your stories about your daughter!" Apparently there's one in every family.

However, humorous stories aside, I adore my daughter and wouldn't want her to be any way other than herself. This weekend I will show you her softer side, as she performed in her ballet recital:






She was in such a good mood that when her twin brother photobombed her


she was all "Lady Bountiful" and refrained from smacking him down like the hand of God.

Later, as we were enjoying celebratory water ice, she opined about Alanis Morisette's "Isn't It Ironic" thusly: "Rain on your wedding day is SO not ironic, unless you're marrying a weatherman."

UPDATE: Since I know certain people like when I include photos of my husband....


11 comments:

Unknown said...

How could you not love blog entries about your daughter...written by you?

Carol said...

There, Joe, I added that last one special for you.

You're welcome.

and THANK YOU.

Bridget said...

Just because someone drives you NUTS, it doesn't mean they aren't wonderful ...

Anonymous said...

So very sweet! And you know I adore all 5 of you, so I loved this post.

anne marie in philly said...

little miss certainly has grown this year; such a pretty girl!

and you can NEVER go wrong posting photos of charcoal's daddy...WOOF! HUBBA HUBBA!

JelliDonut said...

Loved the way you placed these photos!

dana said...

sounds like your daughter has a great, analytical mind.
she certainly looks lovely in her ballet attire.

Delusional Knitter said...

She is so cute!!

Jill said...

For the title alone, I became a devoted follower of your blog...and the comment about your daughter being Lady Bountiful made me snarf my morning cuppa.....I have Starbucks in my sinuses now, but it was worth it....very funny!

Carol said...

Jill, every so often I run into someone who doesn't get the title. It's so disappointing. I mean how could you go through life never hearing someone say "Go shit in your hat"?

ccr in MA said...

I can't even listen to that song without arguing back, "No, it isn't!" so I'm with her.

There used to be a weatherman, back when I lived in Charlotte NC, named Larry Sprinkle. It wouldn't be ironic if it rained on HIS wedding day!