Friday, April 28, 2006

Exciting ....

Black Bunny Fibers now has an official logo:



Where did I find such a perfect representation of my vision for the shop?

Why, Franklin, of course. (Please don't ask the details of what I had to do to get such beautiful, custom work -- I don't want to be staring at a restraining order or divorce papers -- but let's just say he is as delightful to work with as his blog suggests.)

I've been playing around with some fun stuff for the shop: some Wensleydale wool (one batch already sold, one batch will be listed later today) and some Blue-Faced Leicester wool, so that the nonspinners among you won't be left out on the breed-specific fun, and some farm yarns (as I think of them), off-the-beaten-track yarns from small farms and suppliers. I'm still trying out various suppliers and types of wool, so your feedback is appreciated!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice logo you got there. Does this make you Franklin's bitch? Well, it's worth it.

Anonymous said...

This is tremendous! And I can say "I knew her when....." This weekend?

Anonymous said...

Love it! Off to check out the shop now for my daily fix. (in sing-song voice) "one week 'til Maryland"...

Anonymous said...

Caro, do you think Franklin might consider designing my life?

Carol said...

Sweetheart, as far as I am concerned, you are perfect exactly as you are.

Anonymous said...

Nice logo---but please tell me you don't have to take Delores for the summer in an exchange program! Your children seem pretty together and well adjusted--two months with Delores could radically alter their social skills......

the hanged man said...

Very nice logo, my dear.

Anonymous said...

terrific logo! where is your site for buying? have a great weekend! bess

Anonymous said...

far out! I almost expect the bunny to hop away......

congrats!

anne marie in philly

Franklin said...

Carol, I'm so happy you like it. It was pleasure designing it. After spinning with this Wensleydale you sent me, I think I'm *your* bitch. Or at least love slave.

Kathy, honey, you don't want *me* designing your life. First of all, you don't need a renovation. Second, you should see the state of my housekeeping.

I think the idea of breed-specific yarn is awesome. I'd never thought about that before - that most non-spinners would think of wool as just wool (with the possible exception of Merino).

Anonymous said...

Franklin, ange, I've always admired people who can represent a good idea with just a few well-placed strokes.
I think you do that better than anyone I know.
Wait..did I just compliment you on a totally different skill?
You know what I mean.

Carol said...

All this talk about Franklin's well-placed strokes is making me all tingly.

Melissa said...

Love the logo! The black and white is very classy.

Steph said...

FWIW I don't spin (yet) but am very interested in being able to work with yarn from different breeds....

adorable logo!

Anonymous said...

Great logo. and great idea to offer breed specific yarns.

Unknown said...

Perfect logo. And just what I would expect from Franklin.

I had to buy the Pansies fiber. I just got my tax refund and that's a scary thing.

I can't wait to spin it.

Anonymous said...

Terrific logo. Thank you, by the way, for the excellent tutorial on yarn substitution. I appreciate the effort and thought you put into it.