Thursday, November 08, 2007

Coming attractions

Thanks to the inimitable Franklin, I was able to begin running my first official Black Bunny ad on Ravelry this week:





When I win the Powerball (which I insist on calling Rollerball to my husband's never-ending annoyance), Franklin shall get the entire west wing of our mansion for his new home, or if he prefers more privacy (believe me, nothing puts a damper on the old sex life more than worrying about five-year-old twins walking in on you), he can have the carriage house. (It will be a very large carriage house.)

So as not to disappoint the hordes of rabid Ravelers who will be clicking on said ad, I will be updating tomorrow morning around 11 a.m. my time. I've got a nice armload of the superwash merino/tencel blend




which will make wonderful socks, as well as my last five skeins of the Rideau Arcott wool blend sock yarn,



and some other goodies.

For those of you keeping track of Disease-a-palooza 2007, the current breakdown is:




now that Tom has been officially diagnosed with pneumonia. (He's so unoriginal; he couldn't even get his own disease, but had to copy Nick's.)

Coming tomorrow: another No-Bull Book Review...

9 comments:

Big Alice said...

I love that the Disney Princitis section is pink. Agressively pink, even.
I'm sorry you're all sick, hope you all feel better soon.
(and congratulations!)

Bridget said...

Geez, your house sounds like a ton of fun these days ...

I like the ad - yay Franklin!

And "Disney Princess-itis" - that's brilliant!

Elizabeth D said...

There's no known cure for Disney Princess-itis, but most children do outgrow it by the time they're 12. . .

Carol said...

Big Alice, did you notice that the Lyme Disease one was lime green? (;

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, Disney Princess-itis degenerates into Malibu Barbie-itis, often as early as the age of 7. I am the mother of one daughter who suffered severely with DP only to develop a raging case of MB that continues this day (she's 35 and still lervvvves Barbie). I do not believe it is a hereditary condition, however. Liz is still intact, having never suffered anything but Spiky Pink Hair Syndrome, which diminishes with age.

Love to Tom. Hope he has a good inhalator. And many hugs from his honey.

Carol said...

The sea of tencel photo is dead cool when you click on it. May have a little looksee tomorrow. Hope you are all on the road to health very soon. xx

Liz K. said...

I also saw the "Exclusive Retailer of Black Bunny Fibers" notice in the Rosie's as in the latest Interweave. You're hitting the big time, Carol! And to say I knew you when...

Mel said...

I guess I never realized that Streisand is a disease. Except to, you know, Fox News fans ("Flesh-Eating Babs Attacks the White House!!! Details at 6!!!").

You prompted me to check on Roller... um, Powerball, results from yesterday. I didn't win, either.

Carol said...

Oh, there's so many Babs to pick from: Walters, Streisand, Bush, but you probably know I meant babesia/babesiosis. For you non-Lyme literate ones, there are 2 other diseases caused by ticks that are nicknamed "Babs" and "Bart" (bartonella). I have a disease named after a 50s waitress with a beehive....