Monday, May 03, 2010

Maryland Report, part 2 (or Eye Candy Monday)

One of my favorite parts of Maryland Sheep & Wool is going through the building that houses the prizewinners: finished projects and yarn that have won the ribbons. This year was no exception; the entries ranged from the absurd to the sublime. It's exciting to see how much enthusiasm there is for the fiber arts and how many talented people are out there. For example, look at these lovely lace entries:




The felted objects always fascinate me. This year someone made an entire, life-size LAMB using felting techniques:



For the kids, there were the VeggieTales


and a bunneh


and, um, other things:



I took a special interest in the socks; I think the first one was made with handspun yarn, too.




Look at this heirloom christening dress:


Last but not least, I am always inspired by the skeins of handspun that I see:





And now, with QueerJoe in mind, I present to you a special selection of : Men Wearing Kilts.





Kilt-lovers of America, rejoice.

4 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

they're manly men...men in kilts! WOOF!

love the christening dress!

toni in florida said...

Love the felted sheep. And the mask looks like it's from "Where the Wild Things Are"... very cool. As for the kilts, you either love 'em or, um, not. Put me in the "love 'em" category. Real men aren't afraid to wear skirts! (or something like that)

Karen said...

I love a man in a kilt.

Sarah said...

I know that last guy in a kilt- just in passing, but he's lovely.