Sunday, October 02, 2011

Portland, ME

It's been a whirlwind few weeks, but right now, folks, I'm in a hotel room in Portland, Maine. The photo shoot for the book begins tomorrow, and an extremely talented and wonderful photographer based in Portland is doing the photographs. Since I've spent much of the past few months telling my kids "Sorry-I have to work," we decided to make this a mini-vacation for them, too. They are so excited to be out of school for a few days, even if required a long car drive.



Of course there are million last-minute things to be done. (I won't be more specific in case my editor reads this blog.) Our drive up was fine, except for some spots of traffic, and we are now settled into a hotel with an indoor pool. Portland is really fun, even though it's been raining and misty since we got here.



The weather being so meh, we took our first day to check out the unbelievable LL Bean flagship store in Freeport.





We tried to wander around the city a bit, but it was teeming rain and not a very good day for it. We're hoping for better weather tomorrow.

Test shots will begin tomorrow, and then we'll begin with some photos that don't require models. I'll keep you posted. I'm hoping to make it to at least one yarn shop before we leave, preferably the one that sells the beautiful Quince & Co. yarns.



Til then, we're enjoying exploring this lovely city, nomming seafood, and spending some family time together.

4 comments:

Carla said...

I love Portland both my mother and sister live there so I get to visit often!

Elizabeth D said...

Oh, lucky lucky you! (I thought it was next weekend - holy cow!) Hope it all got done - I deduce that things are going well since you were able to join the expeditions.

Yarn Dependent Me said...

ooooo! drink some coffee for me! I'm jealous of your vacation, I'm getting prepared for MIDTERMS...thats code for doom. just so you know.

Evelyn said...

What fun! Enjoy ... looking forward to seeing the photos from your shoot.