Friday, January 08, 2010

Calendar this

I'm starting to have days where I feel more like myself, although I'm still a little weirded out by how it feels like someone drove a bulldozer through my brain, killing a zillion neurons and leaving me with inertia and blankness. Thank you again for the kind cards, messages & emails -- I am going to start answering them this weekend.

In happier news, my girl-crush V
éronik Avery will be in Philadelphia in two weeks! She will be appearing at Loop on Saturday, January 23rd, from 12 to 3 p.m., to sign books. (Loop is located in Center City Philadelphia, at 1914 South Street.) Loop has Véronik's first book and the premier issue of St-Denis Magazine on hand, as well as her lovely Nordique yarn, and if you're like me, it's enough to just sit near her and bask in her fabulosity. (Maybe we can entice her to tell us about her new yarn, which she is showing off at TNNA in California even as you read this, and some of the gorgeous new garments sure to be in the spring St-Denis Magazine.)

The other thing that has cheered me up immensely is that I was nominated for a Bobby Award on Ravelry, in the category of Best Handdyed/Handpainted Yarn! So please go here and vote for BBF....

There's more to come this January, including some book reviews and other goodies, but for now, I'm still taking things a bit slow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Voted- but you already know how I feel about my BBF...

Yay for 2 weeks! That will be fantastic- and that should help get you feeling back to yourself. When stuff like that happens, it does take awhile to feel in sync with the world again- the world is still here, it still turns, things are still the same, but it's like someone has picked it up and shifted it just slightly to one side. I can promise you that time does help. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Voted. Continued wanr thoughts

obscure

anne marie in philly said...

I figured you MIGHT have something to do with this...

and yes, I voted! (how could I not?)

Bridget said...

My question is - will anyone else be able to get anywhere *near* Veronik when she is at Loop???

Barb B. said...

I wish I could be at the Veronik thing! After seeing and using Nordique, I am in love with that yarn (as are my test knitters) We are on a quest to buy it locally. A NEW yarn you say? Another one of her yarns? I will look forward to that!
Going to go vote now.
(and what puff the rabbit said, it's true, and better said than I could have done)

Daisy said...

Hang in there! It will hit you at the oddest times and because of the oddest things, but your grief will lessen. My thoughts are with you.

Ali P said...

We need to spread the Nordique/St-Denis love around. So many knitters still don't have access at their LYSs!! What's a yarn gotta do to get their attention???? ;o)