Friday, January 29, 2010

New base yarn: Stella Sock

Yesterday, I posted a new base yarn on the BBF website. I've named it Stella Sock, and it's a luscious blend of 63% merino, 20% silk, 15% nylon and 2% silver. Yep - silver, so it's got a nice sparkle, just like Edward the vampire.


My first thought in dyeing it was that it would look spectacular with deep, saturated colors -- and it does --


but I also tried some more muted, subtle shades, and it looks great with those, too, but in a different way:



So check it out -- just scroll down to the bottom of the home page to see the entry. One of my sock clubs (Club A) received Stella as a special preview for their last shipment, so they can chime in since they've actually seen it and felt it.

7 comments:

Barb B. said...

Oh my! The deep ones are just too lovely. And the subtle green ... Okay, off to buy me some of those. Loverly loverly stuff!

Just curious.. what's the story behind the "Stella" name?

Carol said...

Well, Stella means "star" in Latin -- Tom suggested it b/c of the sparkle, plus I had a great-grandmother named Stella (Stella Kaminski) so I got a kick out of the connection.

Unknown said...

That yarn is gorgeous! I will need to get my hands on some.

Anonymous said...

So when can I "put it in my cart?!?!?!" :-)

Abigail said...

Pretty AND shiny....

*sigh*....

subliminalrabbit said...

oh oh... YUM!

Anonymous said...

Soo, what club am I????