Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 11: Meet the FitterKnitter

Are any of you old enough to remember Rowan Botany? (I know some of you are old enough to remember, but I thought it was polite to ask.) For those of you who have taken up knitting more recently, Botany was a great fingering weight, 100% wool yarn from Rowan. (Its technical name was Rowan True 4-Ply Botany.) I probably still have some in my stash, but lo and behold it was discontinued. There were many knitters who, after rending their garments and gnashing their teeth, weren't convinced a suitable replacement could be found. But Rowan introduced 4-ply Soft to take its place, and although 4-ply Soft is different from Botany, it's still good. Very, very good. Really quite very good. So join me as we take a trip to visit The Fitter Knitter, and talk about 4-ply Soft.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Back in the day, yes I remember Botany. And many of my Rowan pattern books I bought then, called for the yarn. Ok Carol, now I've revealed my "knitting generation" :) Terry