Monday, April 06, 2009

Please, no peeps, peeps

Each year, around this time, I like to help spread the word that although bunnies are truly wonderful pets -- affectionate, and smart, and fun, and interactive, and God, they wrote the book on Teh Cute -- they are NOT wonderful gifts to be given to other people. Now, I suspect that most of my readers do not need to be reminded how bad an idea it is to give baby bunnies or chicks to children at Easter, but in case you were thinking about it: DON'T. Tons of bunnies and chicks end up in animal shelters each year around this time when chuckleheads present them to people who aren't ready or willing to take proper care of them. If you're thinking about adopting a bun, wait until after Easter, and make sure you check out the links at Make Mine Chocolate. They will give you the practical information you need to decide if a bunny will make a good addition to your family.

Linking to Make Mine Chocolate seems to go hand-in-hand with egg-dyeing. Today, the three kids, home from school all week (thwacks head against table)



produced these:



(Well, they dyed them; they didn't lay them.)

There's a road trip in our near future, so my next report will be (internet connection willing) from somewhere else. And upon my return? A brand-new No-Bull Book Review.

8 comments:

Phro5gg said...

Wow. I was going to be really impressed if your kids could lay colored eggs. And a little concerned.

Anonymous said...

Here's to a happy and peaceful spring break for parents and kiddos, alike.

Geek Knitter said...

But your children are so lovely... I'm sure they're perfect angels all the time!

ducks

No?

anne marie in philly said...

nice easter eggs, kidlets!

and the road trip may be good for them AND you - get your hands out of the dyepots for a bit.

have a good week (begins evil laughter from one who has no kidlets)!

subliminalrabbit said...

GREAT public service announcement re: bunnies. i might steal it. i hope you don't mind.

and great eggs too!

Bridget said...

Please give Charcoal my best Easter regards, and tell him that I am such a wimp, I can't even eat chocolate bunnies, 'cause then I feel bad ...

Wow those are some mighty pretty eggs! Looks like the Unholy Three have some dyeing talent too.

Anonymous said...

Love the PSA regarding bunnies and chicks. Wonderful pets, but lots of work!

Beautiful eggs- don't know why my guineas can't do that...

Lisa said...

Now if your kids could lay golden eggs, I'd really be impressed! Heck, I'd even offer to take them off your hands for a few days :)