Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The new KnitScene

If you haven't seen the new KnitScene, I am pleased to report that in addition to all sorts of pretty things like the Helleborus Yoke and several pretty shawls (including one by Philly's own Kate Gagnon Osborn), you'll find two hats designed by me.

The Ribby Toque is knit in a heavy worsted (Zara Plus was used for the sample, which is a great yarn with beautiful stitch definition, like its skinnier sibling Zara)



and the Picot Cloche features a picot edge and eyelets through which you thread a ribbon -- lots of freedom to be creative in the combination of ribbon and yarn you pick, although the yarn that was used for the sample, Rowan Lima, is an absolutely luscious chainette tape made mostly of alpaca):


Both are great projects for less experienced knitters, and experienced knitters could whip one out while watching the Olympics one night.

10 comments:

Barb B. said...

I like them both, a lot. My fav is the ribbed one, I like how you did that.. simple but very effective.
Now to go check the magazine store (aka the pharmacy) and see if they have KnitScene, and if any are left.

Cynthia said...

Have my copy and love your stuff! I figured you had already spoke of it on the blog, so I didn't comment sooner (I only see the blog 50% of the time these days...life gets busy!).

Suburban Hausfrau said...

I totally queued the toque. Totally.

I hope I get to see you soon!

Suzanne said...

Just got the issue today and love your hats. I've got a ski instructor daughter that will love the Ribby Toque. In fact, I must say that I usually don't buy KnitScene but this issue is terrific! Great stuff, Carol.

Susie said...

Gonna be on the lookout for this when I go out later today. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

soknitpicky said...

Congratulations!

3goodrats said...

They are both great hats, but I especially love the cloche!s

Anonymous said...

I've just finished knitting the Picot Cloche and used Lima in green because it was on hand. Now I need to steam and then thread the ribbon. Fun pattern and fast! Thanks so much.

carriekali said...

I've already completed the Ribby Toque using Berroco Jasper in dark blue. It came out great! Thanks for such a lovely pattern.