Monday, March 15, 2010

Cross one off the knitting bucket list. . .

With two simultaneous deadlines last week, I didn't have much time for blogging. And I don't think I've mentioned here the exciting news that the Spring/Summer Vogue Knitting is out, complete with a sweater I designed inside:


Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2010, photo by Paul Amato
Yarn Information: Tahki Yarns/Tahki•Stacy Charles Rain
For sizes: Small (Medium, Large, 1X, 2X)
Amounts: 14 (16,19,20,23) balls in #5 green

I particularly like this issue of VK because it has so much lace and textural stitches. (There's also a lovely cardigan by Kathy Merrick knitted in Rowan KidSilkHaze, yum).

In case you haven't discovered it yet, Vogue has a very cool feature on their website called "VK360". You can watch a video of every garment in the issue, shown against a plain background, with shots from every angle and close-ups of the stitch pattern and design features. If you are someone who has a hard time envisioning items from a magazine in a different context, this feature is a great help. The models are pretty much unstyled -- in many of the videos, you can't even see their faces or hair. So if you find the fashion-forward hair or makeup in many layouts to be distracting, you should check out VK 360. (It plays music during the videos, so if you're taking a sanity break at work, best to turn off the sound.)

17 comments:

JelliDonut said...

I love the texture! Congrats. Running out of the door to buy the issue...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful design! I don't generally buy VK, but I am definitely going to pick up this issue just for your design. LOVE IT!

p.s. Thanks for the warning about sound :-)

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

Congratulations on publishing a pattern in Vogue Knitting!! That's awesome!! The sweater is beautiful!! Great Job!!

soknitpicky said...

Congratulations! What a flattering design! And I agree--I really like the 360

Lisa said...

really lovely, Carol! And thanks for sizing up to bootylicious :)

Anonymous said...

Sweater looks great!!

(word veri. was mourangi. great. now i've got copa cabana in my head...)

Carol said...

Gorgeous design! Congratulations!

Laura Sue said...

Carol, this is a beautiful sweater. Can I look like the model if I make it?

Lisa said...

I speak not your language but damn, I want this sweater now. The design is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Very nice sweater design, and I love the idea of the VK360! What a pleasure to actually be able to see details of construction and not have necklines or cuffs obscured by scarves and jewelry, and to know that the modeled fit is the intended fit, not altered by a row of clothespins up the model's back!
--Lynda in Oregon

Fredda said...

Gorgeous! Congrats!

Laura G said...

not only is it a beautiful sweater and a great photo, it is being modeled by a celebrity model; that is Teyona, the most recent winner of America's Next Top Model. Way to go Carol!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the beautiful sweater. Before I knew that you designed it I was thinking of making it. Now I will. I think it's the best sweater design in this issue of VK.

Anonymous said...

More congratulations! Love everything about that sweater - texture, sleeves, general proportions. Thanks for the link to the video site.
- Beth

Kris said...

Wow! That's a beautiful sweater. Have to make sure I get a copy. Congratulations!

Diane in Chico said...

I liked this sweater when I saw it in the magazine, but I was worried that there might be something wrong with it because the model had it all scrunched up on one side. So, thanks for the VK360 hint. Now I can like this sweater worry free :-)

Barb B. said...

So now when I next head to Edmonton where they actually have Vogue K. in the stores, I need to get me a copy. I sweater I love by someone I know...