Thursday, March 04, 2010

Introducing: the Emmett Socks

Another BBF sock pattern debuts: behold the Emmett socks.


To paraphrase a line from a dreadful soap commercial, they are manly, yes, but the ladies will like them, too. They feature a classic cable rib pattern with a lot of stretch. The pattern is sized for unisex adult S/M/L and there is a lot of flexibility in fit due to the ribbing. There is a lot of room in between sizes because of that stretch, which means it will fit feet of many different sizes.


I like these socks a lot because they take advantage of a stitch pattern that is relatively easy to work and to memorize, but create a really good-looking end product that is suitable for men and women. (In case you're wondering, these socks were named after one of my great-grandfathers, who ended up marrying a woman named "Emma" -- isn't that cute?)



You can download the pattern via Patternfish here or via Ravelry here. Hard copies will be available at the BBF on-line shop in time for my next update. (And since it's a huge update of CashSock, you can try it out with a brand-new skein of yarn! I've got lots of great colors, including some spring-ier shades and some richer ones.)

Super shout-out of thanks to Laura Grutzeck, for her awesome photography both here and of Gitte's Socks.

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

is the lovely bridget the leg model here?

or is it you? can't be tom...or could it?

oooooh, I love a mystery!

Bridget said...

No Anne Marie it's not me. Unfortunately, I think my sock-modeling career may be over. I guess I'll just have to rely on my beautiful face ... (ok that kinda made me sick ...)

Fredda said...

Gorgeous socks and yarn!

anne marie in philly said...

confidential to bridget - tee hee!

we are ALL beautiful, honey!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, I like!!

Ali P said...

So...your grandparents were Em and Em? heh heh heh