Sunday, April 29, 2007

I must be feeling a little better

because look at my socks! I finished the second one last night when I should have been knitting part of a sweater for the book. (You might remember that some astute commenter saw my photo of the first sock and asked where its mate was...)



Pattern: none; my usual cuff-down wing-it socks.
Yarn: Black Bunny Fibers Superwash Merino Sock Yarn
Needles: Size US2/2.75mm


Maryland Sheep & Wool

Maryland is only six days away. I'm planning on looking mainly for undyed yarns that I can then dye and put in the Etsy shop. Although the fun thing about Maryland is that you never know what you're going to stumble across. I do plan to avoid all mass-frenzy scenes (e.g., the Koigu booth and the Socks That Rock booth). Does anyone know if there's going to be a blogger meet-up like there was last year?

Preview

I'll be updating the Etsy shop tomorrow sometime in the morning (after 10 am). Here's a sneak preview of some of the wool/nylon skeins I've got


and here's a preview of some of the merino/silk skeins:



I'm hoping to get another book review in before the weekend, but we'll see.

12 comments:

Mel said...

*sigh* Alas, I will not be at MSW. Too much else on my plate. Have fun for me.

My verification word is "dilde", which sounds like a weird plural of something. Or maybe French.

mindy said...

Oh look, you made me socks- how sweet! (y'know, pink and green are 2 of my favorite colors) They are very lovely.

Come find me at MD- you know where I'll be (no, I'll only be at the deep-fried oreo place occasionally)

Yarn preview looks great- I'll be logged in and waiting...

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that bloggers are meeting for lunch at the Central Pavillion on Saturday at 1:00 PM. Hopefully, I'll be there!!!!!!

Carol said...

Thanks, Robin!

Adrienne said...

Looks fantastic! Love that yarn...yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Damn, I'll be at work when you update. I'm lusting after that green and brown.
Carol, have you seen Charmed Knits, the Harry Potter-themed knitting book? How can the publishers do that without asking Rowling? Or did they? If so, she must be more mellow than George Lucas. But I'd knit a wille warmer for Liam Neeson. Or Ewan MacGregor. Or Alan Rickman.

Carrie said...

Mmmmm, very nice socks. I'll be waiting for your Etsy post tomorrow!

Jen said...

Fantabulous!

M-H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M-H said...

Rowling sold the rights in Potter-abilia to the film company years ago (Warners, from memory). Presumably they have approved the book. But, probably, not willy warmers.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Lovely socks and your yarn is so yummy that it makes me want to break my yarn diet! :)

I'm in MDW meltdown...I have 1600 lamb meatballs to make for the cook off on Sunday...

Anonymous said...

I didn't get time to comment on the last post...so thanks now. Great review as usual. I really look forward to them, and they help a lot (I have to order all my books)
The yarns as usual are fabulous. I am off to hit the refresh button at BBF.
Barb B.