Monday, August 02, 2010

Bamberino, anyone?

I just uploaded around 30 skeins of Bamberino fingering weight yarn. I really like this base yarn; while it contains 20% bamboo fiber (what the feds want us to call "rayon" now), it retains the feel and bounce of the merino without seeming stiff. I also like that it doesn't have a stark white ply like some commercial sock yarns too.

I did a couple of batches in twos and threes of the same colorway, because I know that the Mythos pattern from Knitty.com was getting a lot of buzz, and it calls for 750-1500 yds of fingering weight yarn. Each Bamberino skeins has about 420 yds, so two would make the smallest and possibly second smallest size, while three skeins would get you through the next three sizes.


Blue Dolphins

This is one of my favorite batches, and I've listed 3 in the same dyelot. Or if you're more of a red person, there are 2 of these:


Strawberry Girl


Of course, there are also some lovely single skeins, like this one:

Little Princess

There are also a few batches of a blend of bamboo fiber/alpaca/wool in the roving category; it reminds me of marshmallows, it's so soft and fluffy. It's a bit hard to photograph because of the softness and sheen, but it will make some striking semisolid yarn...

Thank you for your support with my pancreatic cancer fundraiser. The pattern will be on sale through the end of the year, and your support means a great deal to me.

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

This bamboo=nylon thing is rather confusing. Since when are bamboo and nylon the same thing?

The new yarns looks yummy!

Mary Lou said...

Smart move, to get the larger lot of the same colorway.
My mom died of pancreatic cancer, and two women I worked with (in their 50's) just died from it. Thanks for the fundraiser.

Z said...

You picked some really beautiful colors. They look gorgeous.

And also, thank you for the information about bamboo fiber. I had no idea.