Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Coming this winter.....from the infamous Barb Brown

It always gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when a friend ends up creating something beautiful, so I was extremely pleased to see this on Amazon:



Knitting Knee-Highs: Sock Styles from Classic to Contemporary by GKIYH pal Barb Brown. The book is slated for a February 2011 release, although we usually see books arrive a few weeks earlier than Amazon's projected release date. In the book, you'll find instruction on knitting knee-highs as well as patterns for some gorgeous socks -- with each pattern shown in an alternate colorway and variation. I've seen some previews and I can tell you there are some wonderful, wonderful patterns in this book. I'll be sure to do a book review once it is actually available for purchase. Congrats, Barb!

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

Cool! I'll keep an eye out for it. I've actually been thinking of knitting a pair for DD.

Bridget said...

I do love knee socks, and it's funny, because Andrea (Sunday co-worker) and I had a discussion about our love for them last weekend ...

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Oooh, I can hardly wait for this book and your review. I have found that while I tend to knit crew length socks, what I prefer to wear are knee-highs or sport socks. Time to add to my pattern library :-)