Sunday, October 25, 2009

Good news, bad news

Do you want the good news first? or the bad news?

Let's get the bad news out of the way. I'm sad to report that on-line knitting magazine Knotions has ceased future publication. If you go to the Knotions blog here, you can read editor Jody Pirrello's explanation of why she could no longer continue to publish. This makes me sad, and not just because I was a frequent contributor. I loved Knotions' emphasis on technique and knitting smart, not to mention the stylish yet wearable patterns. Sigh.

The good news? Fans of former Philadelphian Grace Anna Farrow (nee Robbins) will be pleased to see that she has published her own book of patterns and is offering individual PDFS for download. Her website is here. Loop has some copies of her booklet if you'd like to see it in real life. Lots of lovely shawls, scarves, socks and other goodies with an emphasis on finer-gauge yarns. Congrats, Grace! (It's about time!)

P.S. Happy birthday, Lauren!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to Grace Anna Farrow's work. Her shawls are lovely!

obscure

turtlegirl76 said...

Aww no way! I love Knotions!

Ali P said...

Nooooooooooo! Knotions was so goood!!!! POOP!

~ plumps down on her fat ass in a huff and kicks floor morosely~

Unknown said...

I saw Grace's book at Stitches East and it was lovely.

Unknown said...

Well that just sucks. Metapostmodernknitting was just getting going, and she closed down too. Rats.
Thanks for the links, love those shawls. And the photography of those shawls. Gave me a nice morning of peeking, now I need to add that booklet to my Christmas wish list I send the kids every year.
Barb B.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that, thanks to your link, I 1. discovered Grace Anna Farrow and 2. ordered her book. Thanks!