Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A little spinning, anyone?

I blew the dust off my wheel, inspired by Rhinebeck, and have been playing with this:


It's a sample of a limited-edition roving, called Border Blend, up for sale on the BBF website. I just listed something like sixteen different 4-ounce batches; each is a blend of 40% border leicester/40% mohair/20% silk. The different fibers give the colors complexity and I can vouch for the fact that it's lovely and easy to spin, too. There's a little something for everyone, colorwise, whether you like blue/grays


or deep greens



or even a pumpkin-y orange.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oooh what beautiful colors!

Unknown said...

"Get thee behind me Satan"!

I don't have time to spin any of that. I don't. I am busy with a book. Busy I tell you.
Oh rats. There's money in my paypal.
Oh darn.
Barb B

FiberQat said...

My blue/gray fiber arrived and it's so pretty! Funny thing is I showed it to a non-spinning friend who dubbed it Smurf dreadlocks. So now it's Rasta Smurf.